Carrie: The next R in Prepared4ALL stands for Reflect.
? Before the next meeting with the planners, the Team reflects on their work so far. As a group, they think about questions like:
– What did we expect?
– What helped and what didn’t?
– What assumptions did we make? Were the assumptions accurate?
– What other experiences can help us understand this one?
– What did we learn?
– What ideas make our understanding better?
– What did we learn for the future? How can we continue our success?
– Thinking ahead to an After Action Report (AAR), what should we put in the report?
A designated person takes notes so that in the future it will be easier to think of solutions. No one wants to recreate the wheel.
?Reflect on your time in Disasterville today. What did you expect? What did you learn? What new ideas do you have?
It helps to reflect as you move ahead. Reflecting can help you think about how to be more creative. It can help you get unstuck and think about things in a new way.
Click the quiz link below to check your learning and continue.