This course is for special education professionals working in a PK-12 school setting. Credit for early care and education/child care will NOT be issued.
SPLASH is an initiative of the Kentucky Department of Education’s State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG) funded by the Office of Special Education Programs and managed by the University of Louisville. SPLASH activities are grounded in research-based practices to increase teacher skill-sets and administrator understanding of indicators of high quality teaching and learning for students with moderate/severe disabilities (MSD). SPLASH is a program focusing on supporting low incidence teachers across the Commonwealth of Kentucky and bringing rigorous academic instruction for all students.
Course objective: To better understand the practice of co-teaching in Kentucky.
This course is funded by the State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG) and is intended for regular and special education teachers in the special education classroom in PK-12 grade.
Early Care and Education hours will not be awarded.
Guiding Questions: Answering the Questions for Success
- How do you prepare students for employment?
- What are the critical skills students need for successful transition into the workforce?
- What is the role OVR plays and how does the Workforce Innovation & Opportunities Act (WIOA) affect transition?
- What is the Community Work Transition Project and what is its role in successful transition?
- What needs to be done once the students are ready to start looking for a job?
- Is post-secondary education a possibility?
- What resources/employment programs are out there for people with disabilities? Whom do they serve? What services do they provide? Where do you find them?
Course developed by KentuckyWorks, funded by the US Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Administration for Community Living.
About this Course
- 💡 Check my Answer: these are activities to reflect on the question. Clicking Check my Answer will reveal the correct and incorrect answers.
- 🎧 Audio: clicking the play button will play the recorded audio for the lesson or topic. The transcript for the audio is available under the player.
- 📹Embedded Videos: Throughout the course there are videos various YouTube channels. Many of these videos must be viewed in its entirety before moving on to the next topic.
- 🏛️ Legal: copied regulation or statute.
- This course is divided into Lessons and Topics. Each topic must be completed in order to move to the next Lesson.
- Questions? Use the Contact Us button below.
Photo Credit: Photo Credit: Kentucky Employment Files, Kristi – J. Barrett’s Hair School Nicholasville, KY
Welcome to Billing Basics
The purpose of this training is:
- To give providers a better understanding of the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) and its processes.
- To explain important requirements for participants as a provider in the program.
- To familiarize providers with forms that are used to determine Child Care Assistance Program payments for children enrolled in the program.
- To understand the expectations of the child care regulation.
Welcome to the Uncanny Owl Sample Course!
Course pages like this one are often used to outline planned learning outcomes and set expectations for learners. Details about prerequisites, expected completion time, supplementary resources and more are helpful to include in a course page. A video welcome is often a nice way to introduce a course, so a sample video is embedded below.
Please note that course pages in LearnDash are open to the public in their entirety (only lessons, topics and other post types are restricted to enrolled users). If you want to restrict content to students or signed-in users, you must use shortcodes. This course is unrestricted, however, because it’s an “Open” course type.
The table below lists lessons (and quizzes) included in the course. To access a lesson, click the associated row below. The checkmarks indicate completion status.
Here is content just for students.[/students]