Moving From Presence to Participation: Supporting People with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities to Belong in Their Local Communities
Early Childhood Education providers will not receive credit for this course.
Target Audience: Community Access Specialists and Supervisors who provide the Community Access service to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Supports for Community Living Waiver
Length of Course: 6 weeks including required activities with Learning Partner in the Learning Journey and Community Connections Tracking Sheet
In this course, you will encounter the following types of activities
- 💭 Think Spot: An ungraded opportunity to reflect on the topic discussed and likely is tied to the course handout. It is recommended that you download or print the handout to have on hand while you complete this course.
- 💡 Check Your Knowledge: A graded quiz to check your understanding of the topic(s) covered. Check Your Knowledge quizzes are complete when 80% of the questions are answered correctly. You may take the Check Your Knowledge quizzes multiple times until 80% is achieved.
- 📹 Embedded Videos: Throughout the course there are videos from various YouTube channels. Many of these videos must be viewed in its entirety before moving on to the next topic. If you encounter a problem with a video please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the video or topic you are having trouble with.
- 📚 Required Reading: Required text are specified at the start of the course. You should stop here to complete the required reading.
- Make a Difference: A Guidebook for Person-Centered Direct Support by John O’Brien and Beth Mount available from www.inclusion.com
- “Your Learning Journey”available from www.inclusion.com
- The Supports for Community Living Regulation regarding Community Access – pgs. 2, 22-23 http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/907/012/010.pdf