This course is a follow-up to ECE 125 Introduction to the Kentucky Strengthening Families Initiative. You must complete that course before beginning this one.
This course will allow you to focus on implementing the protective factor of Parental Resilience within your classroom or childcare center.
Our vision is to see families that
- Exhibit strength and flexibility in the face of general life stress
- Recognize and value their unique strengths
- Identify themselves as hopeful, optimistic, and confident
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Practice regular self care
Families who are resilient, able to bounce back, are able to provide more nurturing care that promotes secure emotional attachment and healthy development in their children.
The course will involve personal reflection, gathering feedback, planning an activity, providing resources, and intentional family interactions.
If you encounter technical issues with the site, please use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page.