This course is a follow-up to ECE 125 Introduction to the Kentucky Strengthening Families Initiative. You must complete that course before beginning this one.
This course will allow you to focus on implementing the Protective Factor of Parental Resilience within your classroom or childcare center.
Our vision for families is to:
- Exhibit strength and flexibility when faced with challenges, adversity and trauma.
- Recognize and value their unique strengths
- Identify themselves as hopeful, optimistic and confident
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Practice regular self care
Families who are resilient bounce back and can provide more nurturing care which in turn promotes secure emotional attachment and healthy development in their children.
This course will involve personal reflection, gathering feedback, intentional family interactions and will provide resources.
If you encounter technical issues with the site, please use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page.
1. Understand what resilience is.
2. Learn how to incorporate Parental Resilience with the guiding premises.
3. Learn how to increase Parental Resilience with the families you serve through family surveys, getting parents/caregivers involved, providing resources and validating the parent/caregivers and the children you serve.