This course is a follow-up to ECE 125 Introduction to the Kentucky Strengthening Families Initiative. You must complete that course before beginning this one.
This course will allow you to focus on implementing the Protective Factor of Parental Resilience within your classroom or childcare center.
Our vision for families is to:
- Exhibit strength and flexibility when faced with challenges, adversity, and trauma.
- Recognize and value their unique strengths
- Identify themselves as hopeful, optimistic, and confident
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Practice regular self-care
Families who are resilient bounce back and can provide more nurturing care which in turn promotes secure emotional attachment and healthy development in their children.
This course will involve personal reflection, gathering feedback, and intentional family interactions. Resources will also be provided.
If you encounter technical issues with the site, please use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page.
1. Help families develop resilience.
2. Connect the Parental Resilience Protective Factor to the six Guiding Premises.
This course requires the completion of several activities that will support the implementation of activities to promote parental resilience in your child care classroom and/or program.
Throughout the course, you will be provided resources and information to complete these activities, but you will need to stop the course periodically in order to complete them. These activities include:
- completing a parent survey.
- completing an activity with families.
- providing resources to families.