This online course introduces providers to the administration and scoring of the HELP®, a curriculum-based assessment approved for use for Kentucky Early Intervention System providers and published by VORT Corporation. The course is estimated to take 5 hours to complete, and provides an overview to the features of the HELP®. Course materials must be purchased prior to enrollment from VORT at www.vort.com.
Purchasing Instructions for Those Residing Outside of the United States:
If you would like to take the HELP course and reside outside the United States, please contact us at https://www.hdilearning.org/contact/ or by phone at 800-956-8950 or 859-257-4918. HDI customer support staff will respond within 48 hours during the business week (M-F) to help you complete your purchase and registration.
- Section 1: Components of the HELP® 0-3 System (30 minutes)
- Section 2: HELP® System Unique Features (30 minutes)
- Section 3: Assessment Procedures and Crediting with the HELP® (1 hour, 30 minutes)
- Section 4: Practice, Practice, Practice (2 hours)
- Section 5: Conclusion (30 minutes)
- Gain knowledge of the various resources available related to the Hawaii Early Learning Profile (HELP)® for Birth – 3 Years;
- Describe methods for collecting information and the types of information to collect during the HELP® assessment process;
- Observe various video clips and credit children’s skills using the HELP® Strands protocol;
- Locate resources for determining approximate Developmental Age Levels for the HELP®
After completing this course, you will possess the skills to:
- Identify components of the HELP® 0-3 Curriculum-Based Assessment System;
- Describe the components of the HELP® Strands and Checklist for children aged birth to three years;
- Assess a child using the HELP® 0-3.
- Early Intervention
- Preschool Teachers