This one hour training module is intended to help professionals engage children in meaningful play experiences. This course will offer evidence-based information and short vignettes to demonstrate intentional teaching strategies when engaging young children in play.
The Training objective for you to take the knowledge acquired and be able to:
• Identify age-appropriate materials with varying skill levels to support preschoolers.
• Understand how materials support cognitive, physical and social-emotional skills of preschoolers.
• Design exciting interest centers that invite very young children to interact safely with materials.
Work place outcomes: you will be able to:
• Reflect on your own interest center’s design and create inviting, safe learning centers for preschoolers.
• Recognize quality attributes of various learning materials and apply those to foster intentional learning moments.
• Review the list of tips and resources to help enhance play experiences for preschoolers.
Core Content: Learning environment and curriculum (Level 1)
CDA Subject Area: Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
1 credit hour, upon successful completion of course a certificate will be available. Your ECE-TRIS training record will be updated within 10 working days of completion.