Attention (HELP) Hawaii Early Learning Profile (video version) learners. As of June 30, 2020 we will discontinue this version of the course. The (HELP) Hawaii Early Learning Profile (text version) will continue to be available and provide all the same videos that are in the video version. If you are currently enrolled in the video version and feel that you will be unable to complete it by June 30, we can enroll you in the text version. If you need assistance, please contact us: https://www.hdilearning.org/contact/
An introduction to the administration and scoring of the HELP®, a curriculum-based assessment approved for use for KY First Steps providers and published by VORT Corporation. The course is estimated to take 5 hours to complete and provides an overview of the features of the HELP®. Course materials must be purchased prior to enrollment from VORT at www.vort.com.
This online course introduces providers to the administration and scoring of the HELP®, a curriculum-based assessment approved for use for KY First Steps providers and published by VORT Corporation. The course is estimated to take 5 hours to complete, and provides an overview to the features of the HELP®. Course materials must be purchased prior to enrollment from VORT at www.vort.com.
- Section 1: Components of the HELP® 0-3 System (30 minutes)
- Section 2: HELP® System Unique Features (30 minutes)
- Section 3: Assessment Procedures and Crediting with the HELP® (1 hour, 30 minutes)
- Section 4: Practice, Practice, Practice (2 hours)
- Section 5: Conclusion (30 minutes)
- Gain knowledge of the various resources available related to the Hawaii Early Learning Profile (HELP)® for Birth – 3 Years;
- Describe methods for collecting information and the types of information to collect during the HELP® assessment process;
- Observe various video clips and credit children’s skills using the HELP® Strands protocol;
- Locate resources for determining approximate Developmental Age Levels for the HELP®
After completing this course, you will possess the skills to:
- Identify components of the HELP® 0-3 Curriculum-Based Assessment System;
- Describe the components of the HELP® Strands and Checklist for children aged birth to three years;
- Assess a child using the HELP® 0-3.
- Early Intervention
- Preschool Teachers
Content developed by: Caroline Gooden and Carol Schroeder, Human Development Institute, University of Kentucky in consultation with Stephanie Parks, Inside HELP® author.
Sponsored by: Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Department of Public Health
Hours: 5, approved for early intervention and child care licensing renewal