This online course introduces providers to the administration and scoring of the HELP®, a curriculum-based assessment approved for use for KY First Steps providers and published by VORT Corporation. The course is estimated to take 5 hours to complete and provides an overview of the features of the HELP®. Course materials must be purchased prior to enrollment from VORT at www.vort.com.
- Section 1: Components of the HELP® 0-3 System (30 minutes)
- Section 2: HELP® System Unique Features (30 minutes)
- Section 3: Assessment Procedures and Crediting with the HELP® (1 hour, 30 minutes)
- Section 4: Practice, Practice, Practice (2 hours)
- Section 5: Conclusion (30 minutes)
- Gain knowledge of the various resources available related to the Hawaii Early Learning Profile (HELP)® for Birth – 3 Years;
- Describe methods for collecting information and the types of information to collect during the HELP® assessment process;
- Observe various video clips and credit children’s skills using the HELP® Strands protocol;
- Locate resources for determining approximate Developmental Age Levels for the HELP®
After completing this course, you will possess the skills to:
- Identify components of the HELP® 0-3 Curriculum-Based Assessment System;
- Describe the components of the HELP® Strands and Checklist for children aged birth to three years;
- Assess a child using the HELP® 0-3.
- Early Intervention
- Preschool Teachers
Content developed by: Caroline Gooden and Carol Schroeder, Human Development Institute, University of Kentucky in consultation with Stephanie Parks, Inside HELP® author.
Sponsored by: Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Department of Public Health
Hours: 5 – approved for early intervention and child care early care and education hours