The TAALC Modules and Webinars below have been created by the Low Incidence Initiative-Teaching Academic Age-appropriate Learning via Communication (TAALC) program. The underlying premise of TAALC is all students can and do communicate, and TAALC presentations are designed to provide training and experience in identifying communicative competence for students with complex communication needs. The Listen UP series of modules was created to equip school teams and families with the skills needed to increase a student’s communicative competence.
Through video examples we will help you learn how to:
- Recognize communication in students with complex communication needs
- Implement strategies for change for students with complex communication needs
- Understand factors that can limit communication
- Foster early communication with Alternative and Augmentative Communication
- Utilize effective teaching behaviors
- Provide access to the curriculum by including communication throughout the day, and
- Address communication implications for challenging behavior.