At the end of the course, you will be able to:
· Briefly describe the history of home-delivered meals
· Explain why home-delivered meals are valuable
· Describe the “nuts and bolts” of delivering meals
· Recognize the key funding sources and regulations
· Describe some of the best practices of well-run programs
The course is designed for new staff and board members of organizations that provide home-delivered meals, commonly known as “Meals on Wheels.” It shines a spotlight on the unique aspects of home-delivered meal programs. This course will help you to identify your organization’s place in the community and find your own place within the organization.