This course is a follow-up to ECE 125 Introduction to the Kentucky Strengthening Families Initiative. You must complete that course before beginning this one.
This course will allow you to focus on implementing the Protective Factor of Social and Emotional Competence within your classroom or childcare center.
Our vision for families:
- Families encourage and reinforce their child’s positive social skills and set limits in a positive way.
- Families help their children manage and communicate their feelings.
- Families teach and encourage their child to solve problems in age-appropriate ways.
- Families provide regular routines for young children.
Families with strong social and emotional competence interact with their children in ways that help children develop the ability to recognize, communicate
and regulate their emotions.
This course will involve personal reflection, gathering feedback, intentional family interactions and will provide resources.
If you encounter technical issues with the site, please use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page.
1. Help families develop social and emotional competence.
2. Connect the Social and Emotional Competence Protective Factor to the six Guiding Premises.