This course is a follow-up to ECE 125 Introduction to the Kentucky Strengthening Families Initiative. You must complete that course before beginning this one.
This course will allow you to focus on implementing the Protective Factor of Knowledge of Child Development within your classroom or childcare center.
Our vision for families is to:
- Identify realistic expectations for their child’s development.
- Possess a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Practice positive discipline techniques to effectively manage their child’s behavior.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to their child’s specific developmental needs.
Families with knowledge of child development understand child development and parenting strategies that advance physical, cognitive, language, social and emotional development.
This course will involve personal reflection, gathering feedback, intentional family interactions and will provide resources.
If you encounter technical issues with the site, please use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page.
1. Help families increase their knowledge of Child Development
2. Connect the Knowledge of Child Development Protective Factor to the six Guiding Premises.