This course is a follow-up to ECE 125 Introduction to the Kentucky Strengthening Families Initiative. You must complete that course before beginning this one.
This course will allow you to focus on implementing the Protective Factor of Concrete Supports in Times of Need within your classroom or childcare center.
Our vision for families:
- Families have the resources to meet their basic needs.
- Families feel safe in their community.
- Families know how to have information and connections to services in their community.
- Families feel supported and valued when reaching out for help.
Families with strong concrete supports know how to access resources that address a family’s basic needs, which helps to minimize stress caused by challenges.
This course will involve personal reflection, gathering feedback, intentional family interactions and will provide resources.
If you encounter technical issues with the site, please use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page.
1. Help families develop concrete supports for times of need
2. Connect the Concrete Supports in Times of Need Protective Factor to the six Guiding Premises.