- Course will take approximately 1 1/2 (one and a half) hours to complete
- Upon successful completion participants will be awarded 1.5 early care and education training hours
- Audience: Early Childhood Professionals
This training will introduce participants to the Kentucky Strengthening Families (KYSF) Initiative and share ways to apply components of this approach to any setting that serves young children and their families. Participants will learn the importance of the Kentucky Strengthening Families Initiative, including the six (6) Guiding Premises, and the six (6) Protective Factors.
If you encounter technical issues with the site, please use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of the Kentucky Strengthening Families (KYSF) Initiative based on the research that supports the movement
- List and explain each of the 6 Protective Factors
- Identify family/driven and strength-based implementation strategies
- Recognize how to shift from an old way of working with families to a new way
- Identify how Protective Factors can support your work with children and families
Participants will be able to work with children’s caregivers using a strengths-based, relationship focused mindset; identify Protective Factors that need more support in their programs, and return with a goal for improvement.