Providers will be introduced to the 5 evidence based behaviors comprising the 5-2-1-0 message and complete the Let’s Move Child Care checklist. Content will focus on how the behaviors can be supported in the Early Care and Education classroom through practice, policy and environment modifications.
In this course, you will encounter the following types of activities
- 💭 Think Spot: An ungraded opportunity to reflect on the topic discussed and likely is tied to the course handout. It is recommended that you download or print the handout to have on hand while you complete this course.
- 💡 Check Your Knowledge: A graded quiz to check your understanding of the topic(s) covered. Check Your Knowledge quizzes are complete when 80% of the questions are answered correctly. You may take the Check Your Knowledge quizzes multiple times until 80% is achieved.
- Embedded Videos: Throughout the course there are videos from various YouTube channels. Many of these videos must be viewed in its entirety before moving on to the next topic. If you encounter a problem with a video please email email@example.com and include the name of the video or topic you are having trouble with.
- Describe the 5-2-1-0 healthy behaviors
- Review the toolkit resources for family engagement and classroom use
- Design an action plan using at least one resource
Kentucky Department for Public Health
Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Prevention Program