A new provision in Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) regarding alternate assessments for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities.
This online training series is intended only for school district personnel. No hours for early care and education are available.
As a result of this training, participants will
- understand how their LEA fits into the bigger picture,
- the change in the reporting requirements, and
- communicating changes to district staff
This module also provides information regarding:
- procedures Kentucky took to seek a waiver of the 1.0 percent cap on the number of students who participate in alternate assessments
- data indicating the number of students and percent of students participating in an alternate assessment for each subject area