Another way we
support you in your efforts as a trainer to establish and maintain strong Transfer
Partnerships is through this resource list.
Books: (contact your Training Coach to access these
titles and many, many more through our lending library)
Creative Training Closures – Lynn Solem and Bob Pike; “Action
Trainers Play – John W.
Newstrom and Edward E. Scannell; pgs. 293 – 303
Training Stick – Barbara Carnes
and Dora Johnson; pgs. 57 – 90
Best of Creative Training Techniques – Dave Zielinski;
pgs. 81 – 93
Bonanza – Eric Jensen; pgs. 105 – 108
- maketraningstick.com – website with the mission of helping trainers “make training stick”
- offers a free e-newsletter called STICKY NOTES with actionable effective training tips
- contains a free downloadable “white paper” – Training Transfer Technologies – featuring research and reviews of technology tools that can help the transfer of learning process.
This is, by no means, a finite list of resources. However,
it is a solid start of resources that offer a wide variety of transfer of
learning strategies to implement with trainees.
- Remember, transfer of training is a partnership
between the Trainer, Trainee and the Director/Administrator.
- Many of the strategies provided by the authors
of these resources recognize this partnership and include all three parties in
the processes they describe.