The Prenatal Outreach program generally consists of a contact for each OB/GYN group in the region. The Prenatal Outreach Representatives replicate the model of a pharmaceutical representative and do the following:
- Act as an organization representative.
- Develop relationships with medical offices
- Distribute materials.
- Offer presentations.
- Provide referrals to your organization
- Offer business cards with contact information to medical professionals and are available via telephone calls or in person. Make sure business cards come from your local Down syndrome organization and identify the role of the Prenatal Outreach Representative
- Report a quarterly contact log or Qualtrics survey to the organization/Medical Contact Supervisor.
- Find all training materials at: https://www.lettercase.org/education/advocacy-organizations/