Distribute your organization materials to hospitals and assigned OB/GYN and Perinatology Groups
Check the inventory each quarter and report results to the Down Syndrome Representative Coordinator
Establish a relationship of trust with the physician groups
Exhibit professionalism and professional courtesy
Be pleasant, positive, and non-judgmental
Offer office presentations as needed
Understand available resources to share with parents
1. Able to talk about diagnosis without emotions being too raw (unable to control weeping)
2. Not politically motivated and meet parents where they are
3. Professional, positive, non-judgmental, and empathetic
4. Comfortable with public speaking
Ask the following questions:
1. Why are you interested?
2. What is your professional background?
3. What is your comfort level with public speaking?
Checklist of Resources for Training
Resources for Medical Professionals: Slide 86, Flyer for Information Sessions
Make sure leave behind materials are high quality, printed on good stock paper and in color. Instructions for how to refer a family to your org should be included in the materials. Brand your materials.