This one hour training module is intended to help professionals engage children in meaningful play experiences. This course will offer evidence-based information and short vignettes to demonstrate intentional teaching strategies when engaging young children in play.
The Training objective for you to take the knowledge acquired and be able to:
- Identify age-appropriate materials with varying skill levels to support the development of children ages 6 years to 12 years old.
- Understand how materials supports cognitive, physical and social-emotional skills of young adolescents.
- Design exciting interest centers that invite very young children to interact and explore.
Work place outcomes: you will be able to:
- Recognize quality attributes needed for a developmentally and individually appropriate school age environment.
- Implement activities and learning experiences which foster positive social behaviors.
- Review the list of tips and resources to support friendship skills and enhance play experiences for the school age children.
Core Content: Learning environment and curriculum (Level 1)
CDA Subject Area: Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
1 credit hour, upon successful completion of course a certificate will be available. Your ECE-TRIS training record will be updated within 10 working days of completion.