About Carol Schroeder (retired)
Carol Schroeder holds advanced degrees in Montessori Preschool Education and Early Childhood Special Education. She directed programs in early intervention and inclusive preschool education and, more recently, directed early childhood projects at the University of Kentucky, Human Development Institute.
About Caroline Gooden
Caroline Gooden is a Project Director at the Early Childhood Department at the Human Development Institute at the University of KY. She has degrees in psychology, Early Childhood Special Education, and Special Education Administration. She has experience as an adjunct faculty, researcher, early interventionist, child evaluator, and early childhood program director. She has been Co-PI for four projects at the University of Kentucky, including the National Early Childhood Transition Center and three Kentucky Early Childhood Data System projects. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.kedsonline.org
Teachers and providers working in early care, education and intervention.
- Introduction to The CCPSN Web-Based Course
- Section 1: Introduction to the CCPSN
- Section 2: CCPSN Nuts & Bolts
- Section 3: CCPSN Tool Belt
- Section 4: Applying What You Know: Sharpening Your CCPSN Assessment Skills
After completing this module, participants will possess knowledge and skills to:
- Gather information from the family and others re: a child’s present level of development using sequences from the CCPSN
- Observe and/or directly assess a child’s present level of development using sequences from the CCPSN
- Accurately record a child’s skills and score the CCPSN using the Assessment Log
- Accurately report a child’s present level of development or developmental progress on the Developmental Progress Chart
As a result of completing this module, participants will have the knowledge and skills to complete the following in their work settings:
- Accurately assess a child’s present level of development using the CCPSN
- Accurately score the CCPSN and report scores for all curriculum sequences on the Developmental Progress Chart
- Use assessment information to develop an IEP
- Use the CCPSN to monitor a child’s ongoing progress
Course materials must be purchased prior to enrollment from Brookes at www.brookespublishing.com.