During this lesson, we will focus on the question:
What is transition and how does it impact a child’s ability to learn?
- A change from one situation to another.
- More specifically, transition involves movement or change from one activity, program, service, environment, or situation to another.
These are some examples of transitions:
- When a child goes from home into an early childhood program for the first time, or
- When a child goes from receiving First Steps services to attending Kentucky’s preschool program, or
- When a child moves from child care or Head Start or Preschool into Kindergarten
Although these transitions don’t get a lot of attention, they actually can have a significant impact on your child’s success in school.
And one of the reasons has a lot to do with what stress does to your child’s brain and how it impacts learning!